Annually, the Catawba County United Way partners with local non-profit and public agencies, helping fund programs most directly reflecting the needs of our community.
Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- School readinesst
- Parental/Guardian engagement
Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Family sustaining education and employment
- Income supports
- Affordable housing
Improving People’s Health, access to healthcare
- Healthy lifestyles
- Safe and secure environments
More Details at THIS LINK.
Current Funded Partners
- The Salvation Army
- Partnership for Children
- Community Ridge Day Care
- Council on Adolescents
- Sipe’s Orchard Home
- Patrick Beaver Learning Resource Ctr
- Exodus Homes
- Adult Life Programs
- Family Guidance Center
- Greater Hickory Coop. Christian Ministry
- Senior Nutrition Services
- American Red Cross
- Children’s Advocacy & Protection Ctr
More Details at THIS LINK
CCUW Grant Process
A multi-step process.
Complete a Notice of Intent to apply for funding (Available end of January due in February).
Submit a Pre-Request for Funding which outlines the program (s) and define how it fits within the CCUW’s impact areas. These are reviewed and approved or declined by CCUW board members.
If approved, the organization completes a full Request for Funding (RFP), which includes information about its internal operations, board of directors, audit results, program budgets and goals and outcomes.
The RFP packages are generally due by the end of April.
More Details at THIS LINK
Catawba County Emergency Food and Shelter Program Application
Review the criteria listed below to determine if your agency or organization is eligible to apply for Federal Funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
Local Recipient Organization (LRO) Responsibilities
For an agency to be eligible for funding it must:
- Be a non-profit or an agency of government.
- Not be debarred or suspended from receiving Federal Funding.
- Have a checking account (cash payments are not allowed).
- Have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the local board.
- Have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). Note: contact local IRS office for more information on securing FEIN and the necessary form (SS-4) or go to the website: www.irs.gov.
- Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number issued by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and provide along with other required associated information (See the EFSP website for information on how to obtain.)
- Conduct an independent annual audit if receiving $50,000 or more in EFSP funds. Conduct an annual accountant's review if receiving $25,000 to $49,999 in EFSP funds.
- Be providing services and using its other resources in the area in which they are seeking funding.
- Practice nondiscrimination (those agencies with a religious affiliation wishing to participate in the program must not refuse services to an applicant based on religion or require attendance at religious services as a condition of assistance, nor will such groups engage in any religious proselytizing in any program receiving EFSP funds.
- Have a voluntary board if private, not-for-profit.
- To the extent practicable, involve homeless individuals and families, through employment, volunteer programs, in providing emergency food and shelter services.
- Submit required documents with completed application.
- If awarded funding, sign a written understanding of EFSP eligibility requirements (LRO Certification Form.)
PHASE 39 EFSP Application - THIS LINK.
The agency board plan must be submitted by date TBD by National Board with funding to be received after that date (directly from National EFSP Board).
The spending period for Phase 39 is through April 30, 2023. Please note that all awarded funds MUST be expended during this time period.
The local EFSP Board is requiring that along with the interim report/2nd funding request, the required spreadsheet must be submitted documenting all dollars spent to that date - any copies for required documentation do NOT have to be submitted until the final report - just the spreadsheet.