Catawba County United Way Volunteer Center
2021 Giving From the Heart Awards - Nominations
It is that time again – time to recognize those outstanding volunteers who make all the difference when it comes to helping local non-profits assist those in a crisis.
The Catawba County United Way is planning to host the annual Giving from the Heart Volunteer Awards on Nov. 18 to help recognize these invaluable individuals.
The luncheon will be held at the Catawba Country Club beginning at 12 p.m.
Nominees attend free of charge (thanks to our sponsors) and additional guests may join them at a cost of $20 per person.
Please RSVP by Nov. 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-327-6851.
During this special event, all nominees will be recognized with a certificate. Three winners, one in each category – Youth, Individual, and Group – will be named. The winners of the “Giving From the Heart” award will receive an award and $500 from Piedmont Natural Gas paid to the non-profit organization of their choice.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must serve the community at large.
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a non-profit or a governmental agency to receive the award.
• Youth award - Individual 18 years or younger. Youth groups are eligible for the Group Award.
• An adult, youth or group is eligible in one category only.
• Group Award is for groups of 2 or more individuals.
The nomination process is now closed. Thank You to everyone who submitted an application.
2020 GFH Awards
You can watch last year's Giving From the Heart event on Catawba County United Way’s Facebook page:
There were more than 27 individual volunteers and 6 volunteer groups nominated this year by 18 local non-profits, schools and other public agencies. Thank You again to all our volunteers in Catawba County.
Value of Volunteers
United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health: the building blocks for a good life. But we can't do it alone. We need the heads, hands and hearts of committed people like you to help us tackle the problems facing our communities. Each one of us has special talents. Things we can to help. Put your talents to work for your community. Volunteer.
Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents. Things we can do to help. And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to children, or leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, or delivering meals to homebound seniors, there are hundreds of volunteer options available every day.
Volunteers are invaluable to non-profit organizations! Click here to see how valuable!
Immediate Volunteer Needs at
- Integrated Care of Hickory housing program.
- Women's Resource Center Pantry with a Purpose.
- The Family Guidance Center domestic violence shelter.
- Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- The Hickory Soup Kitchen.
- Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- Highways and Hedges.
- Adult Life Programs.
- The Salvation Army.
To learn about these and other local opportunities, complete the Volunteer Registration Form below or contact us at 828-327-6851.