Catawba County United Way Volunteer Center
It is that time again – time to recognize those outstanding volunteers who make all the difference when it comes to helping local non-profits assist those in a crisis.
The Catawba County United Way is planning to host the annual Giving from the Heart Volunteer Awards on Nov. 18 to help recognize these invaluable individuals.
One agency/organization may submit a maximum of five nominations in each category: adult individual, youth and group. Nominations are due by Oct. 11.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must serve the community at large.
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a non-profit or a governmental agency to receive the award.
• Youth award - Individual 18 years or younger. Youth groups are eligible for the Group Award.
• An adult, youth or group is eligible in one category only.
• Group Award is for groups of 2 or more individuals.
To nominate your volunteer, fill out the Nomination Form at THIS LINK:
2020 GFH Awards
You can watch last year's Giving From the Heart event on Catawba County United Way’s Facebook page:
There were more than 27 individual volunteers and 6 volunteer groups nominated this year by 18 local non-profits, schools and other public agencies. Thank You again to all our volunteers in Catawba County.
Value of Volunteers
United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health: the building blocks for a good life. But we can't do it alone. We need the heads, hands and hearts of committed people like you to help us tackle the problems facing our communities. Each one of us has special talents. Things we can to help. Put your talents to work for your community. Volunteer.
Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents. Things we can do to help. And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to children, or leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, or delivering meals to homebound seniors, there are hundreds of volunteer options available every day.
Volunteers are invaluable to non-profit organizations! Click here to see how valuable!
Immediate Volunteer Needs at
- Integrated Care of Hickory housing program.
- Women's Resource Center Pantry with a Purpose.
- The Family Guidance Center domestic violence shelter.
- Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- The Hickory Soup Kitchen.
- Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- Highways and Hedges.
- Adult Life Programs.
- The Salvation Army.
To learn about these and other local opportunities, complete the Volunteer Registration Form below or contact us at 828-327-6851.