2023 Giving From the Heart Awards - Nominate an Outstanding Local Volunteer
From helping collect food, to sorting and preparing donated clothing, to manning an information desk, to showing up at a disaster ready to help, to sharing a smile with someone facing a crisis, Catawba County can’t say thank you enough to our volunteers.
So it’s time to recognize those outstanding individuals who make all the difference when it comes to helping local non-profits assist those in a crisis.
The Catawba County United Way is planning to host the annual Giving from the Heart Volunteer Awards on June 6 (11:30 a.m.) to help recognize these invaluable individuals. The event will be held at The Heritage Barn in Conover.
During this special event, all nominees will be recognized with a certificate. Three winners, one in each category – Youth, Individual, and Group – will be named.
The winners of the “Giving From the Heart” award will receive an award and $500 from Piedmont Natural Gas paid to the non-profit organization of their choice.
One agency/organization may submit a maximum of five nominations in each category: adult individual, youth and group. Nominations are due by May 19.
For more information contact John Bailey at the Catawba County United Way - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-327-6851.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must serve the community at large.
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a 501c3 non-profit or a governmental agency.
• Youth recognition - Individual 18 years or younger.
• An adult, youth or group is eligible in one category only.
• Group recognition is for groups of 2 or more individuals.
Value of Volunteers
United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health: the building blocks for a good life. But we can't do it alone. We need the heads, hands and hearts of committed people like you to help us tackle the problems facing our communities. Each one of us has special talents. Things we can to help. Put your talents to work for your community. Volunteer.
Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents. Things we can do to help. And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to children, or leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, or delivering meals to homebound seniors, there are hundreds of volunteer options available every day.
Volunteers are invaluable to non-profit organizations! Click here to see how valuable!
Immediate Volunteer Needs at
- Council on Adolescents Mentoring Program.
- Women's Resource Center Pantry with a Purpose.
- The Family Guidance Center domestic violence shelter.
- Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- The Hickory Soup Kitchen.
- Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry.
- Highways and Hedges.
- Adult Life Programs.
- The Salvation Army.
- Senior Nutrition Services - Meals on Wheels.
More Details on these and other Local Volunteer opportunities at THIS LINK or contact us at 828-327-6851.