April 20, 2023
From helping collect food, to sorting and preparing donated clothing, to manning an information desk, to showing up at a disaster ready to help, to sharing a smile with someone facing a crisis, Catawba County can’t say thank you enough to our volunteers.
So, it’s time to recognize those outstanding individuals who make all the difference when it comes to helping local non-profits assist those in a crisis.
The Catawba County United Way is planning to host the annual Giving from the Heart Volunteer Awards on June 6 to help recognize these invaluable individuals. The event will be held at The Heritage Barn in Conover.
One agency/organization may submit a maximum of five nominations in each category: adult individual, youth and group. Nominations are due by May 19.
The GFH nominees are also considered for nomination for the annual NC Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards.
During this special event, all nominees will be recognized with a certificate. Three winners, one in each category – Youth, Individual, and Group – will be named. The winners of the “Giving From the Heart” award will receive an award and $500 from Piedmont Natural Gas paid to the non-profit organization of their choice.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must serve the community at large in Catawba County.
• Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a non-profit (501 C3) or a governmental agency to receive the award.
• Youth award - Individual 18 years or younger. Youth groups are eligible for the Group Award.
• An adult, youth or group is eligible in one category only.
• Group Award is for groups of 2 or more individuals.
If you would like to nominate an outstanding volunteer, fill out the Nomination Form at this link: https://www.ccunitedway.com/form/2023-giving-from-the-heart-volun.
The Catawba County United Way is focused on building relationships to support our community with collaboration, compassion and purpose. For more information about the CCUW call 828-327-6851.